Saturday, August 11, 2012

The End of An Affair?

Yesterday was an interesting day. As I said in my previous post I had slept most of the day before so I was up and ready to go with my day at about 1 AM. I tried to go to the gym (the 24 hour gym) and when I got there, the doors were locked!!! I was so ticked. My gym isn't close to my house and is pretty expensive and I joined because of all the amenities and the fact that they are open 24/7 so I drove around a little ticked and decided I wanted some McDonald's breakfast. One McD wouldn't kill me and I really wanted it. 2 closed McD and one that their computers were down later, I was just hungry and wanted anything that resembled food. So I ended up at White Castle, which was a huge mistake! The burgers tasted like pure salt and the Mr. Pibb tasted like pure sugar. I was miserable all day after eating it and was SO gassy it was embarrassing!. I think my love affair with drive thru food may be over.

The weather ended up cooperating for a perfect day for a 3 mile run/walk. My stamina isn't there like it was and the cold still is there so I averaged a 13 minute mile and I'm ok with that. I posted my half-marathon training plan and it was actually supposed to be a rest or CT day but I decided to just do Thursdays run since I'm starting a week and a half into the program anyway.

So I still rock a pager, for work that is. For the most part they page us for things like you have a new patient or for EMS that will be coming in but they also use it to page us when they need additional staffing. I try to work 48 hours a week so I can pay off a few of my bills faster and I was sick last week, so when they paged out On Call (Time and 1/2) & Bonus ($20/hr) for any shift plus I was already in overtime, I figured what the heck! So I ended up picking up an 8 hour shift from 10-6.

I swung by the local race store to pick up my t-shirt and bib for the race and ended up picking up some KT tape as well. I'm starting to have trouble with plantar fasciitis and it has only been a problem when I'm barefoot or towards the end of a 12 hour shift but I don't want it to get worse so I spoke with one of the physical therapists at work and the gentleman at the running store who told me for all day everyday relief I was best to go with the KT tape. I'm not going to lie, I'm super excited to use it.

My post is so late because I ended up coming home from the running store and crawling straight in to bed. Luckly I woke up at 5:45 and have plenty of time to get ready for the run and my busy day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment