Friday, August 17, 2012

A New Certification and a Good Run

Another day of my TNCC training class, the last day as a matter of fact. I passed the test and the practical without much difficulty. The only thing I missed on my practical was log rolling the patient off the backboard, inspecting the back and checking rectal tone. Not something I actually do as checking the spine isn't actually in my scope of practice.

As for my run, I ran 3 miles per the training plan. I ran it on the treadmill since it was so hot and humid outside and it started raining just as I got to the gym. It wasn't that I've never run in those conditions, I just didn't feel like it today. Anyway, I started out at a 5.0 mph pace and ran mile 1 at that pace without stopping and then walked at 3.5 for 0.25, then ran at 5.0 for 0.75, another walk break for 0.25 and then I ran for 0.50 then I jogged for the last 0.5 to finish it out. It was a nice treadmill run but my left calf was tight during the run, nothing painful really but noticeable.

After my run I went to on of the local running stores, well actually it is geared towards the triathlete. I picked up some more KT tape and a North Face shirt that was half-priced. It's the same shirt that I wear for most of my races, you can see it in my blogger profile pictures, LOL!

Tomorrow is back to the real work, 2 12 hour shifts in trauma and then a whole day off!

No comments:

Post a Comment