Thursday, August 2, 2012

An update…

It's been a while, life got in the way.

I haven't been running much. I think I've logged 3 miles since my 10k on July 4th and nope that three was not a typo. It was been triple digits nonstop in the StL this summer and I've been having trouble keeping the temps in my house below 85.

I changed gyms. My old gym had no problem charging me an extra 20 dollars and sending me to collections 2 days after my debit card was rejected because I'd lost my debit card and had to have it replaced. Since I hadn't used my membership at all I decided there'd be no love lost and I moved to a much large chain. I thought I'd like the whole small world feel of a gym that was locally owned but really they don't do much in the community nor does it feel very much like its own community. Now I'm at a much larger, more expensive and just a bit further away gym but so far I like it. It's much more focused on the community and helping its members build a healthier way of life. I've been so impressed with the staff in just a short amount of time. 

I've spent the past few day in bed with a pretty nasty bug. Sunday night the boyfriend and I managed to find time to hang out together for the first time in a week and we took advantage of it. We went and saw a movie, then went for a long drive through the middle of nowhere (he and I both do this by ourselves, late night drives in the middle of nowhere with the radio a bit to loud, so we decided to hop in his mustang and head out for a drive.) We came back to my place and I made a quick dinner and we watched some doctor who but my throat started to feel sore, then I started to cough, so he went home, he had classes the next evening anyway and it was almost 6 am anyway. After he left I just went ahead and took a dose of NyQuil and went to sleep since I knew what was coming anyway. By the next day I had the sinus congestion and fever to go with the sore throat and cough. I've been battling it with OTC medications and have been lucky that it hasn't bothered my asthma like it usually tends to. Of course this would all happen on my 5 day stretch off of work and now that I'm feeling better I'm scheduled to go back to work tonight.

I also bought a shiny brand new SUV a couple weeks ago also.

As for my 12 in 2012 goal I signed up for a 5k in August. I'll post more about that later though.

I wanted this post to be a catch up on what has happen and not what i have planned, that's for later. ;)

Besides I have to get to sleep so I can go to work tonight. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment