Saturday, August 4, 2012

It's the Little Things

I love to eat, but I'm not a sweets person, I love all things deep fried and carbs, O-M-G I love carbs.

I hate salads and yogurt. Vegetables just tend to go bad in my fridge. Fruits are hit and miss, sometimes I will  eat them all up in a day or two, sometimes they rot. I'll tell you what never goes bad, pizza and bread. I love pizza and bread.

When I was 200+ pounds a day of meals mostly included fast food, eating out or casseroles, my days included sitting in class 20 hours a week, sitting at a desk for 27 hours or more a week and coming home to sit and study or sit on the couch and watch tv with my boyfriend of the time. It was a poor mix. (I was going to say a recipe for fat but that seemed cheesy.)

My favorite food was always...
Look at all that cheese!
A large Pizza Hut Stuffed Crust Pepperoni Lovers (drool). I would normally eat 3 or 4 slices with a soda or a beer. 
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 slice (152g)
 
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 150
Calories 370
 
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 17g26%
 Saturated Fat 8g40%
 Trans Fat 0g 
Cholesterol 45mg15%
Sodium 1040mg43%
Total Carbohydrate 39g13%
 Dietary Fiber 2g8%
 Sugars 5g 
Protein 17g 
 
Vitamin A 15%Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 25%Iron 20%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

Which means I was eating between 1020 and 1360 calories, just in pizza!!! Now I have found that I actually prefer the taste of this combo...

 and  

It's delicious and the entire pizza comes in at 1030 calories. Which means that I could eat the entire thing for as many calories as I was eating in 3 slices of the Pizza Hut pizza. 

It's about making changes you can live with long term. I'm not going to eat it once if I don't like it, let alone eat it day in and day out for the rest of my life. With all the different options out there I GUARANTEE you that you can find something, anything that is better for you than the crap that helped make you fat. Little changes are better than no changes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment