Friday, August 10, 2012

How much is to much?

I spent most of the day asleep, I tend to do that after a long stretch at work. Now it's 1 AM and I'm awake. Guess who has a 24 hour gym? Yay! I'm thinking a run and some weightlifting are in order.

My goal for 2012 was to run 12 races this year. I'm at 8 so far and my 9th is tomorrow. I am aiming for 3 half marathons, 4 10ks, 5 5ks. So far I'm at 2/2/4 respectively. I had planned to run 1 race a month and leave it at that. My previous racing history included a grand total of 4 races in 2 years, so this was a big goal for me. Now my running friends are trying to get me to more and more races and I'm finding more and more that I'd like to run, but how many is to many? Let's be honest, I'm not running a 5 minute pace or anything. My average time for a 5K is around 38 minutes. Then there is the cost, 20-30 for a 5k, 30-40 for a 10k and 50 + for a half marathon.

So here's I've got planned and italics are the extras
Aug - Wounded Warrior 5K
          Torchlight 5K
Sept - US Air Force 10K
           Alzheimer's Association 5K
Oct - RnR Half Marathon
         Cowbell Half Marathon
         Go! St. Louis Halloween 10K
Nov - D.A.R.E to Run for Backstoppers 10K
          The Skippo 10K Trail Run
          Jefferson County Memorial Hospital Turkey Trot
Dec -  Arthritis Foundation Jingle Bell Run 5K

So at what point is it to many on the 5Ks? Or is that short of a distance really that big of a deal since I'm training for a half marathon?

No comments:

Post a Comment