Saturday, March 1, 2014

Garmin Forerunner 220

Well after the demise/sale of my Garmin Forerunner 610 I was left without a fancy running watch. Since I hadn't been running I put off getting a new watch but had been drooling over the forerunner 620 for a while.

After comparing features on Garmin's website and spending some time thinking honestly about how I would use the watch and just how much I would use the watch and all the features, I decided to get the Garmin Forerunner 220 with heart rate monitor.

I ordered it late Thursday night and I received it on Saturday. I was as happy as a kid at Christmas. I opened everything up and being the good girl that I am I put it on the charger at first. Once it was fully charged though I started spending time figuring out all the new features and setting up the user profile. Then I started figuring out what all I wanted on my data screens.

The Garmin forerunner 220 has a lot of data to share, I was overall very impressed, during a run you have 2 data screens, each with 3 fields, a heart rate screen that shows both my heart rate and what zone I'm in and it also has a clock. I have the first data screen set up to show distance, timer and calories. The second screen shows lap distance, lap time, and lap pace. I am not sure I will keep these set up this way but the Garmin offers plenty of options for the fields on the data screen.

I was concerned that I would be disappointed that I hadn't gotten the touch screen but honestly I am not finding a problem with it thus far. I honestly wasn't a huge fan of the touch screen when I had the 610.

I really like the large face, although I will admit I was worried about it being to big or uncomfortable on my wrist since I have a smaller wrist. It seems to fit my wrist well and it feels more comfortable and flexible than my old 610 did.

I'm really looking forward to getting out and using it but tonight just wasn't that night. I was tired and my stomach has been bothering me for a couple of days so I decided to opt out of my long run. I have officially given up on doing the marathon in April. I think my fiancé is going to do the half with me and we will be taking it VERY VERY slow and easy.

I was in no way compensated for this post, I purchased the forerunner with my own money and all thoughts contained within this post are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment