Thursday, February 27, 2014

Well I don't know what came over me today but I decided to look up the pace for a 6:30 hour marathon, which is the course time limit for the marathon I'm supposed to run in 37 days. The minimum pace in case you are wondering is 14:52 min/mile. So I decided to go out and see if I could actually manage to pull that off for more than a mile. I had 5 miles on my schedule today and since I was supposed to meet my fiancé at 5 pm and it was 3 pm, I figured that if I was going to run 5 miles in 1:14:20 (14:52 pace) it was the perfect time to do it. So I got dressed up and headed out.

I went to one of my favorite paved trails and headed out. Since I don't have a Garmin anymore to micromanage my pace I just set my run keeper app up to alert me every mile with my average pace. I kept it pretty easy and walked for the first little bit and then started picking a sign or a tree or whatever to run to and then I walked to the next sign or tree or whatever and repeated for 5 miles. My splits ended up being even for the first two miles. Apparently I got a little faster for mile 3 though, I guess the downhill helped me. Overall though I ended up running 5 miles in 1:10:38 so I beat my goal, though I don't know how well I would do for 21.2 more miles.

Splits

NAME
PACE
CLIMB
1 mi
14:31
45
2 mi
14:23
-2
3 mi
12:58
-45
4 mi
14:13
-12
5 mi
14:47
15
6 mi
19:02
2














My next run on my schedule is 14 miles on Saturday and I'll need to run it in 3:28:08 or less to stay under my time goal.

Oh and did I mention that Saturday is Mardi Gras and that fiancé and I are planning on being downtown for the parade and some day drinking at 8:30 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment