Friday, March 7, 2014

Signing up and Spending cash

I spent some time looking at races and signing myself and my fiancé up for some. I some how last night convinced my fiancé to let me sign up for yet another marathon to give it one more shot. Plus I convinced him to sign up for the marathon also. So now we're both signed up for the Rock N Roll marathon in October. 

The Rock N Roll marathon series puts on a decent race, especially for first time runners, it was my first half marathon, and I think that 7 months to train is more than enough for the both of us. I'm not saying we will Boston qualify at the end of the race, nor am I guaranteeing that fiancé will want to ever do another marathon after that but we will finish it!

I also signed us up for a local 5K tomorrow. We did the Mardi Gras 5K so I figured it would be fun to do a Shamrock Shuffle, plus they are giving out medals and fiancé likes his funning bling!

I'm excited because it will be my first chance to use my new Garmin Forerunner 220. That's right, I've been slacking. I've set up a training plan for the both of us starting on Monday since neither of us have really stuck to our training plans and we could use a fresh start. 

As for tomorrows race I will be setting up one of my favorite features of my Garmin, intervals! Since neither of us are in the best cardiovascular shape so we are going to run for 0.10 of a mile and then walk for 0.15 of a mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment