Sunday, September 8, 2013

Training Update

Sorry for slacking on my posts lately, I'm here to give you an update on how my training and other goals went this week.

Monday was a rest day and a day off work. I had a lazy day with my boyfriend, the bonus kid and my parents. We drove home in the afternoon and settled back into a little bit of routine.

Tuesday was back to work and school for everyone. I did week 2 day 3 of the couch to 5k plan at the gym and ended up with 2.17 miles in 31 minutes.

Wednesday was a post 12 hour shift personal training session and boy was it tough. We focused mostly on chest and my bench press is definitely improving but I was having difficulty with keeping my heart rate under control. I'm sure my heart rate had to do with the fact that I didn't drink enough water at work and that I was exhausted but it was still frustrating.

Thursday was a planned run that I missed. I ended up sleeping pretty late and then since the boyfriend was still sick I kind of slacked and lied around with him.

Friday was supposed to be a personal training day, however, for some reason I had it in my mind and  on my phone calendar that my training appointment was on Saturday and I didn't realize my calendar was wrong until well after the appointment was over. I'm still confused that my trainer never called or text to see why I didn't show

Saturday after I got off of work and got a few hours of sleep it was time to get up and get everything ready for bonus kids birthday party. He turns seven soon and we had a nice turnout of kids from the bus stop and school plus a few family and friends. Our apartment complex has a playground with a BBQ area that you can reserve. Overall it was a lot of fun even if it was hotter than snot. I again slacked on my run that day.

Sunday the boyfriend and I slept in and ran a few errands. We ran week 3 day 1 of the couch to 5k on a local trail right before sunset and it was really nice. My calves were a little sore during the run and the humidity was 85% tonight so it was kind of like breathing underwater. We ended up finishing 1.96 miles in 28 minutes for the training plan and since we were talking and not paying attention to where we were on the running plan we went a little further. All total we did 3.1 miles in 49:20.

No comments:

Post a Comment