Tuesday, February 11, 2014

4 Miles

Today had a slow start for me. I woke up at about 10 am when the pest control company came by to check up on our fly problem, but went straight back to bed after he left. I slept until 2:30 pm when maintenance came to fix a light switch. At that point I knew I had to get my butt in gear or I was going to miss getting bonus kid off of the school bus.

I made it to the bus on time and left straight from there to put gas in my SUV before it died on the side of the road. After that I took kiddo to get some new shoes since he had worn out and nearly out grown his old tennis shoes. Thankfully, kohl's had the exact same pair of shoes 1 size bigger on sale no less so it was easy, peasy.

Next it was off to the pet store, out dog decided suddenly to stop eating his food and start eating the trash. My fiancé thought maybe something had gotten into his food, we had this issue before and I called and spoke with one of the wonderful folks at Purina who suggested that since dogs noses are so sensitive the least little smell can cause them to reject their food. We bought a small bag of dog food and sure enough he gobbled it up. Of course, a small bag of food does not last when you have a 50 pound dog so I went back to buy our usual 20 pound bag.

After a dinner of pasta, turkey meatballs, and garlic bread (not the healthy meal, I know!) my fiancĂ© ran his 4 miles on the treadmill and then we watched the new episode of Walking Dead together before he headed to bed. Since I am working tomorrow I waited until late to run my miles since I'm planning on staying up until about 5 am. I did my 4 miles in 59:20, I'm still doing walk 4 run 1 minute but I decided speed up my run intervals a little each time. Overall I felt great during the run even though I wore my nike free's instead of my saucony mirage that I've been wearing (different pairs, same style) for years. 

Hopefully I'll be able to pull myself out of bed 90 minutes earlier than normal so I can do my 6 miles before I head to work, hopefully I can stand after doing 6 miles and then sitting in the car for 90 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment