Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentine's A Day Early

Well, today was not very entertaining, I spent most of it at work or in the car. I was supposed to do 6 miles today but after I got off work, I drove an hour to my parents house. They are out of town and asked me to stop by and check on the house. Since it is a 2 hour drive form my parents to my house I decided to sleep in the guest bedroom.  I slept until about 4:30 and left to drive back home. It was almost 7:30 pm before I made it home.

Once I made it home and showered my fiancé and I decided to go out for dinner and celebrate our valentines day today. Bonus kid is with his mom tonight and we will have him tomorrow so we will do something as a family tomorrow. Speaking of which, I am going to kiddos school tomorrow to help with his class valentines day party. Definitely something new for me, never been in a position to be one of the school moms.

Since it was late by the time we got back from dinner and I had wine with dinner, I'm a lightweight when it comes to alcohol, I decided that instead of 6 miles it might be better to swap out the 6 miles one more time. My schedule said it was a cross train day but again, it was late and I had been drinking. I didn't feel comfortable driving to the gym or doing a video at home so I decided to jump on the treadmill and just she how fast I could do 1 mile. I figured that I usually have my run interval set on the treadmill set between 6.0 and 6.5 so I decided to give 6.5 a try. I figured I could do it for 1 mile, it would only last 9ish minutes right? I was wrong. Overall I did manage to finish the mile in 11:57 but I definitely need to work on improving my stamina. I could cross the finish line for that marathon, I have no doubt, it would just take me about 8 hours. Since Go! St. Louis says I get max 6.5 hours, I'm gonna need to work on that, a lot.

Tomorrow is my last day to make this 6 miles happen. It is supposed to be in the 20s with a possibility of snow so I'm not sure if I will finally make my break from the treadmill quite yet or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment