Thursday, September 13, 2012

Past my bed time

So here it is 2:30 AM and I'm wide awake watching Firefly and eating a PBJ sandwich, instead of sleeping. Which I should be doing since I plan on leaving St. Louis for Indianapolis at about 9 AM. Why am I awake and eating a PBJ? Well partly because I slept until 2 PM after a particularly taxing 2 P - 2 A shift at work the day before. The other side of the coin is that I came to the realization the other day that this is the first time in my 26 5/12 years of life that I have gone on a vacation (besides 1 day in Chicago) all by myself.

I've flown several times by myself but I always met someone at the end of the flight. I flew to Canada and met up with my friends and stayed with them, I flew to North Carolina and stayed with my family, I flew to California and stayed with my brother. I've never taken off and just went on vacation all by myself, save for that one day and night in Chi-town. So I'm a little excited/nervous about my 4 day vacation, driving across several states, staying in multiple hotels, etc, etc.

Plus I really still have a ton of things I need to do around the house before I leave. I had a few things I wanted to do in Indy, even though it was originally just meant to be an stopping point on my long drive. Breaking the drive into a 5 hour and a 2.5 hour drive, getting me into Dayton early on Friday and giving me an extra day out of St. Louis and on vacation seemed like to good of an opportunity to pass up. Now it seems like I'm gonna be sleepy!

No comments:

Post a Comment