Saturday, April 28, 2012

4 AM Run

I put off a couple of my work day runs this week thanks to lack of sleep and shortened one run due to the heat.

Since I work a "mid-shift" (2pm-2am) if I run before work it's during the hottest part of the day, not horrible now but come June and July, it won't be fun; if I run after work I'm running at 3 or 4 in the morning.

Today I ran at 4 AM, I made sure to let someone know I was going out for a run and then to let them know I was home safe, I ran a mile from my front door and a mile back, in a somewhat well lit, residential area. It was also cold which aggravated my asthma.

I've run in the afternoon, when it was hotter than hell and cut into my sleep. Sometimes I don't get the sound sleep I need during the day, since life goes on around me and I live in between 2 schools. I'm trying to get a change of shift approved for the noon - midnight shift which might help me out in a lot of respects but until then I have to figure out how to make my training runs work with my job.

The afternoon will start to kill me with the heat and won't always happen if I can't sleep but the 4 AM scares me a little.

What do you think? Am I a wuss about running at 4 AM?

No comments:

Post a Comment