Wednesday, May 2, 2012

What a Freaking Run

Well, I guess you can't really call it a run. It was more of a walk. I mean what else can you call an average of 15:30 mile.

I had a procedure done today at my doctor's office, warning possible TMI. I had an IUD placed today, it hurt like a b*tch at the time and the doctor told me to take a NSAID and I was fine to run but that I'd be tender for a few days. I got a little more than a mile and half into the run and I started to hurt, not to bad but it was there. So I walked a little more than normal. Then when I tried to pick it up again, running caused a sharp stabbing pain on the left side of my pelvis. I was fine so long as I just walked and didn't run. So I figured I'd just walk back and get my 3 miles in whatever way my body would let me get them in. So all was fine with the pain so long as I was walking but I started noticing that my left hand felt kind of tight. I've always dealt with some minor swelling in my hands when I walk more than I run but it usually isn't anything. However this time when I looked at my hand I freaked out just a little bit. My left hand was pretty swollen, especially my fingers, kinda like sausages. Anyway I got home, propped up my feet and took a midol for both pain and the diuretic to help remove the extra fluid.

For now, I'm feeling ok, I have the occasional twinge of pain but it's getting better. I've got a 1 mile run planned for the next three days and then a 5 mile run planned for Saturday, hopefully I'll be feeling better by then. Really hoping I'll be up for my San Diego half marathon in a month. 

I'm hoping that this Mirena won't effect my training or my weight or mood, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment