Tuesday, May 8, 2012

An Update

So what exactly does a running blog contain when the runner is injured?

Well a gripe for starters. My little hometown held its first 5k a week ago and I missed it. I'm sad, I'm bummed, I'm a little ticked. I'll be there for year 2 though.

A little about cross-training, perhaps, P90X day 2 done, took it a bit easy because it was plyometrics and I'm supposed to be giving my foot a break. Even so I can definitely feel some soreness in my butt so I did something. The past two days haven't felt really, horribly tough, I keep reminding myself that I'm doing the necessary modifications and that the point of it all isn't to kill myself cause if I was killing myself I wouldn't want to do it. I can definitely feel some soreness, so that means that I'm doing something and that I just need to keep it up. Also I haven't done cardio yet. My asthma makes all cardio feel like I'm dying so I'm sure I'll get that, I worked really hard, feeling from that.

How about something about the recovery? I will say that 2 days off of work has given me more relief than anything else. I'm thinking the doc was right when she said a large part of my pain might be my nursing shoes.
This is what I'm currently wearing.
This is what she wants me to switch to if I stick with the clogs.

 I'll have to check out the store to see if they have anything in a narrow size in a style that doesn't rest so tight against my tendons. I'm bummed that I can't keep wearing my nursing clogs. They are the only shoe I've found that are truly comfortable and that are holding up to the amount I work. If it's the difference between an injury that keeps me from running and that keeps me from working, since I'm on my feet anywhere from 36-60 hours a week, or having tired feet at the end of the night.

Something about work maybe? Well I'm supposed to work today at noon. I need to wash my scrubs or else I'll be going to work naked and I don't have a washer and dryer so I need to get up early so that I can go to the laundry mat and do the laundry I should have done on my 2 days off. But I can't sleep because I slept all day yesterday because I was exhausted. I have no idea how I'm going to be able to survive a 12 hour shift on 3 hours of sleep but I have to do it.

How about my personal life? I posted something about possibly becoming a homeowner. I looked at a house the other week and I wasn't to thrilled about the house but the piece of land it was on was exactly what I was looking for. I'm torn between buying the property and knocking down the house and building new or just keeping on looking. Besides for now I'm still short of the total amount I'd like to have saved up for a down payment and I'd like to have a lot more debt paid off before I venture into home ownership.

I think that is enough for today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment