Friday, June 1, 2012

I have landed! Day 1 in southern Cali

I finally reached California at 1 am PST. Thanks to the beautiful thing that is a carry on with no checked bags I went straight for a cab and headed to the hotel. It was my first time ever being in a cab, so that was exciting.

My hotel was cute with a niche theme. I had a beta fish named ginger in my room. The artwork was from a local children's charity and was available to purchase. Boxed water, instead of bottled, was also available in my room.

I picked up my rental car, I'm driving a Chevy Malibu and besides the fact that I have to fall into it I really like it. The drive to my brother's was only 25 minutes and pain free thanks to my tomtom.

My sister-in-law had to work and my nephew wanted to stay home so my brother and my niece came to the expo with me. I picked up some GU and a new headband and got my niece one also.

We also stopped by the naval exchange so I could buy a pair of running shorts that have the navy logo on them. :)

After we made it back to my brothers place I changed and went out for a 3 mile run. I didn't bring my laptop or the transfer device for my Garmin but I ended up doing 3.10 miles in 39:26. Not bad for me. My run was great! Went to a nice little park not far from my brothers house.

Dinner was at a local Mexican restaurant and was seriously delicious.

Now it's time for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment