Thursday, August 7, 2014

Rain, rain and a little more rain

Today was the kiddos last day of summer camp and the last time we would see him for 6 days. He is with his biological mother until Tuesday morning. My hubby and I took him to breakfast before I took him to summer camp. I usually don't get up early in the morning, ever. So I figured since I was waking up at 6:45 am anyway I might as well get my run done early before it got so hot and sunny.

On our way to Cracker Barrel (hubby's favorite place to eat) it started to rain a little but it let up, though it remained grey and cloudy. While we were waiting for our food to come, we looked at the weather report. It showed a 100% chance of rain for the next 12 hours. While I have run in the rain plenty of times in the past I just couldn't bring myself to do it today. Usually I use the rain to motivate me to a faster pace but since I knew I was limited by my heart rate, I knew I would be out in the rain for at least 1 hour.

I stayed in my workout clothes for most of the day, I kept checking outside to see if the rain was every going to let up but it never did. So I sat there and pouted since I wasn't going to be able to work out. I'd already had a rough morning. I didn't get much sleep last night and woke up about 3 hours before I normally do, my weight was up this morning, I couldn't do my 4 miles, and I knew the reason I didn't want to do the 4 miles was because I'm so slow with this MAF training. It was so upsetting. I barely made it off the couch all day.

I did manage to get something accomplished today though, besides getting to spend some quality time with my boys I dropped off all the kiddos school paperwork at the district office, picked up some running shorts for my hubby and a new pair of jeans for me, made a bunch of stuff for the freezer and snuggled on the couch with my hubby. So all in all not a pointless day but a bit depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment