Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Nooner

Sorry about the title, it came to me while I was doing my run. I have a bizarre mind and well I let it out of its cage while I workout.

I don't know why I keep going out for all my runs walks during the hottest part of the day. I knew that today I was going to get out and do something toward my goal of getting at least 20 miles this week. My schedule said 5 miles and I decided that I would do at least 3 and see how I felt. I decided to hit the same trail that I did on Saturday. I decided that I would head one direction for 1.25 miles and head  back to my car for some water and possibly some AC since the temp was 86 already. I finished the first 2.5 miles without much difficulty, though it was much slower than I would have liked. After I got some water and cooled down a little bit in my car I headed back out. I still hadn't decided exactly how many miles I would do but I knew I wanted at least 3 miles.

I made it slowly to 3.75 miles which was the turn around point for a 5 mile run but the 1.25 miles back proved to be very difficult. I was so hot and tired that I was practically stopped and still exceeding the 147 HR for my MAF. My pace slowed to a 25 minute mile at one point which is to slow for me to even actually walk. I was having to make myself take a step, pause, take a step, pause. I finally got to a shady part of the walking trail and just sat down. My heart rate was 153 at that point and I while I felt fine except for being hot I was starting to get frustrated with the MAF training. I decided to just walk slowly back to the car since I had less than a mile to go and not worry to much about my heart rate.

Honestly with my marathon only about 9 weeks away I'm wondering if I picked the wrong time to change up my training style. That being said I do feel like what I was doing before wasn't working because I was pushing myself to hard and I didn't stick with it. I am going to try my hardest to get up early tomorrow to do my 4 mile run in hopes that maybe if the heat isn't there I will be able to do the 4 miles in less than 90 minutes.

My marathon has a 7 hour course limit, which breaks down to a 16:02 average mile. If I'm starting with a 17:25 minute mile for my first mile I just don't know if I'm going to be able to do this. I want to do this and I am so tired of not keeping up with my training and not being where I want to be. 2 years ago I was doing 11:30 minute miles but I was miserable and hurting by the end of a half marathon. I just want to find the balance.


No comments:

Post a Comment