Friday, August 8, 2014

Good day

Well I managed to make it out for my run before noon today. I hit the same trail I did the other day but headed a different direction. It's been important to me lately to change up my route so that I'm seeing some different scenery. I really enjoyed my route today. It took me very close to my old house and back on a lot of territory that I used to run on all the time.

I had finally taken the time to set up a training plan on Garmin Connect and synced it with my watch so that I was able to set up a heart rate alert. I feel like this might actually be the best way for me to do the MAF training. Since I set it up for my assigned heart rate range and set it for 1 mile increments that's all it showed me. It showed my current heart rate and the distance left for that particular mile. I didn't start at the time or the pace and it didn't drive me crazy or upset me. My overall pace was 18:06 per mile and while that's slower than I'd like I'm really hoping that this is the key to getting faster without getting injured or giving up.

After my run, I came home and grabbed a shower. My mom came over and we went out to do a little shopping. We ended up at the local Fleet Feet store and I picked up a new pair of Brooks Adrenaline GTS 14! My Saucony's are starting to get up there in miles and so I figured I should start working a new set of shoes into the line up before the marathon. I'm thinking that I'll probably actually wear these for the marathon, I should have plenty of miles on them to break them in by then. I think I'll definitely plan on wearing them on my 20 miler to see how they feel and have my Saucony's in the car as back up.

My new Brooks - ignore the KT tape I was teaching my Mom about using KT tape.

Tomorrow I have 7 miles on the schedule and hubby and I are planning on getting out fairly early to get it done together. I've been looking online to see if I can find a nice trail we can do our run on nearby, especially one where if he leaves me in his dust it won't be as big of a deal. I'm hoping this run will go well for me, I'm not sure how long it will take with my MAF training and I think I'm starting to get a cold. It always seems like the week I start any working out I get sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment