Wednesday, January 29, 2014

6 miles done

I still have days that this cold seems to come back to bite me. Last night and this morning was one of those days. I slept most of the day and didn't get out of bed until noon after taking a 2 am dose of NyQuil. 

I didn't manage to knock much off my general to do list today but I did complete my 6 miles that was on my schedule. I did it on the treadmill. It has still been just cold enough and my respiratory tract is just reactive enough right now that I don't want to risk a full blown asthma attack. 

My run definitely was more mentally taxing than physically taxing. I felt pretty good throughout the run but after 3 miles I had to keep convincing myself to keep going to 6 miles. I'm very proud of convincing myself to finish since I haven't ran that distance in a while. 

My schedule calls for 4 miles tomorrow which will bring me up to 19 miles for the month of January. Which is better that 8 months of the previous 12. Tomorrow I'm also meeting my mom, future mom-in-law and best friend/man of honor for some wedding dress shopping so that should be interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment