Tuesday, January 7, 2014

First Run of 2014


The weather here has been a little harsh, what with 14 inches of snow and temps in the -30 range. My fiancé, the kiddo and I have been snuggled up and at home. The snow started on Sunday morning and it was coming down pretty hard, a friend of Caleb's, who lives in the same apartment complex as us, came over and spent all day with us. By all day I mean all day, I made from scratch pancakes, sausage links and hash browns so we invited him over to enjoy a nice home cooked meal. The kiddo and I headed to Wal-Mart a little bit later in the morning for a few things that we needed for dinner and I ended up getting the kiddo some snow boots and snow pants so he could enjoy the snow. The drive home was less than fabulous as the weather was really get nasty and the roads were getting bad. The four of us enjoyed the day with a delicious lunch and dinner with lots of games, movies and snow play for the day.

Luckily, I have been off work Saturday - Monday and go back to work tonight and Caleb told all of his employees to work from home and he has been doing the same. The roads and the sidewalks are still to bad for me to even think of running outside right now, not to mention the temperature being 2 degrees F when I left for the gym today. 

Anyway, I finally did it, I got back on the wagon with my first 3 miles of 2014. I am out of shape so I'm currently doing a walk 4 minutes/run 1 minute interval, it pans out to just about a 15 minute mile and I ended up finishing my 3 miles in 44:56. My right ankle gave me a little trouble and I will definitely need to work on stretch and strength in addition to my cardio but I'm hoping for a great 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment