Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Cough Continued

Another day without a workout, although yesterday did drag me to the doctor. The chest cold had reached a point that lying flat would bring on a coughing fit so severe that I had a bronchospasm and had to either use my inhaler or sit up and gasp for air. It was non stop and I gave up.

Now I'm on a steroid taper and a prescription cough suppressant. I did manage to get a few hours of sleep after taking my first doses so it was a welcome blessing. While the cough and sinus congestion isn't completely relieved, I am feeling better so I hope that by the end of the week I will feel up to running and getting into the gym.

My new personal trainer-to-be called me today. I was sleeping so our conversation was very brief, but I'm supposed to call her back to set up an appointment for my first session. I am very hopeful that I will be able to reap some substantial benefits from my determination and her assistance.

I'm thinking about signing up for another 5K in June, and the boyfriend may sign up along with me. Also I'm new to live journal but I'm going to see about see about pulling over just my race reports from my old blog. If anyone has any advice on how to make that work as a separate page that is tied to this blog let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment