Sunday, October 14, 2012

A shortened run is better than no run?

So I went out for a run yesterday for the first time since really the USAF 10k. I was hell bent on 10 miles, I found a 5 mile loop that I could do in one of the parks and everything. The run started off great but it didn't take long for the shin splints and the calf pain to kick in and make me cry uncle, which happened before mile 3 but I had to make it back to my car.

I posted that I wanted to run a PR in my half marathon on the 21st but I just don't think it's going to happen. I'll need to run 12:30 splits and I just don't know if I have it in me.

I'm going to go out for another run this afternoon, once I'm done volunteering for the race.

Well it's 7:35 and the race should have started 5 minutes ago. I'm between mile 1 and 2 so I should start seeing runners soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment