Sunday, April 6, 2014

Half Marathon # 7 in the books

I had signed up to run a marathon today and well, that didn't happen. A few weeks ago I emailed the race staff and asked if I could change to the half marathon, they changed my registration for me. Yay! Except that I still hadn't trained for a half marathon anymore than I had trained for a marathon. I figured that I had completed half marathons in the past on very little training and I could do it again. Please DO NOT follow my example, please train for your races.

I will do a detailed race recap in the next few days but I did finish and I beat the required finish time.

As for the rest of my weekend, kiddo finished his Read, Right and Run and got his very first race medal! He is somewhat excited to do a 5K with his Dad and I. We haven't picked one out yet and will of course let him go at his own pace, well we tend to actually make him go a little slower because like most 7 years old he runs as fast as he can for about 6 minutes and then is tired and whiny for the rest of the time. :)

As for right now, I'm looking forward to my wedding in May, my marathon in October, being properly trained for said marathon and adding more races to my running schedule. The next race for fiancé and I is the Ferguson Twilight 5K. This will be my 3rd year running of this particular race and fiancé's 2nd year running this race.

No comments:

Post a Comment