Saturday, March 24, 2012

Race #3 Complete!

So I ran the Spring into wellness 10k today and I finished dead last. I ran it in 1:20:04 according to the clock. I’m perfectly ok with finishing last and I’m actually kind of happy.

In previous races I’ve always said I don’t want to finish last. I didn’t say that this time and although I was the slowest runner out there, I finished all the same as the person who finished first and I never gave up, even when I was well aware I’d be last and that there were still a couple of miles to go.

I ran my pace and I finished without injury. I’m incredibly proud and I’m setting my sights on the half marathon in 3 weeks. I realize that I’ve been out of practice and now that the weather has warmed up it’s time to start hitting the pavement more and the treadmill less.

No comments:

Post a Comment